24 September 2012

Last Resort S01E01 (ABC, 2012)

I will watch anything by Shawn Ryan.  Except another ep of Terriers.  Or his work on Nash Bridges.  He was part of a primo writers room on Buffy the Vampire Slayer so that show is safe.  And I'm pretty sure I watched some Chicago Code last year but I have NO RECOLLECTION OF THAT SHOW.

Yeah, you guessed it:  I'm a MASSIVE The Shield fan.  Massive.  Huge.  Own the set.  Bought the set AT GREAT PERSONAL FINANCIAL COST because I was such a HUGE MASSIVE FUCKING FAN.

So OF COURSE I try Last Resort and, first few minutes jitters aside, and a little face-checking of various people I've seen in earlier Ryan shows (forgot to mention The Unit), and this show actually becomes damned interesting.  I don't think Martin Campbell was such a great choice for director as the various plots were just so humdrum for so long that it was really just a waiting-for-the-fourth-act kind of game for SHIT TO COME TOGETHER.

Which they did.  And this is a pretty interesting show.  I think the Stateside stories are a little boring but maybe as the shadowy puppet masters begin to take shape through whatever they do, I might pay a little more attention.

So this is nice.  I'll try another ep.

No comments:

Post a Comment