18 January 2013

The Hour S02E02

My last post about this show was two months ago.  That's how excited the season opener made me feel about moving on to the next ep.  (What with Last Resort and Vegas, not very.)

So I started watching the second ep last night and I found myself admiring the widescreen telly we have - that Sony box has done us well, it has - oh wait, that guy from The Wire has just gotten himself thrown in gaol and - my, it's been ages since I've vacuumed the ceiling.

There is a sore and desperate need for some bloody drama in this show that is really lacking.  "But the guy from The Wire's in gaol!" you cry.  Don't care.  "Oh no, the Perfume guy's French wife has just been inked!" you shriek.  Don't care.  "And the woman from Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights - oh her heart, 'tis broke!" you rail.

Don't.  Fucking.  Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment