13 March 2012

Hung - Season 3 (HBO, 2009-)

I bought this -, no:  there was a 'buy two DVDs and get the third one FREE' deal at JB Hifi late last year, and maybe someone had recommended it, or maybe I'd read a good write-up, or maybe I was using The Force, but I got the first season of this sight unseen, and boy was it a refreshing poke in the eye.

The second season continued its journey of a Well-Hung Hero Who Was Yet to Grow Up - but by the last quarter of that season, the interactions between his Pimp-of-Frustratingly-Inconsistent-Behaviour and her nemesis, A-Most-Convenient-Cunt, were getting a bit, well, stupid.

The third season is/was... a write-off.  Where's the character-driven plot that made me uncross my legs in the first place?  Where's the character-motivated humour that made me choke on my food?

Now it's all slapstick and dick jokes.

What the fuck, people?

Maybe you peaked early.

No comments:

Post a Comment