19 October 2012

Arrow S01E01 (CW, 2012)

I'll be up front with you:  barring his cameo in Frank Miller & Klaus Janson's The Dark Knight Returns, Green Arrow has never really been a superhero I've taken seriously.  (Was it the missing arm that made him interesting?  Maybe.)  (Sorry for any spoilers.)

Watching this pilot with all the familiar supporting names - Diana Laurel Prince, Speedy - was marginally interesting for... the rapport between our hero and his family maid, and a not-bad-okay-that-was-pretty-good parkour-included chase half-way through the ep.

All the while though, the flawless skin, the lantern jaws, the ultra-sculpted musculature kept making me think I was watching the 90210 reboot.  And I fucking know I haven't watched that shit.

I think it's tone:  the premise is kinda dark, but the bodies are like an homage to The Karen Carpenter Story.

... Maybe.  Maybe I'll try another.

No comments:

Post a Comment