02 February 2013

The Following (Fox, 2013-)

There's been buzz about this show - I think I even bought into it last year - that the pilot deserves.  It's got good acting from Kevin Bacon and Natalie Zea (and a lot of hamming from James Purefoy and some serious character underdevelopment for Jeananne Goossen), a decent script from Kevin Williamson, and execution that is stylish, pacey with occasional flourishes to remind what B material this is.

Half way through the ep, I realised how self-referencing it is, and by the time the engine of the series is revealed, I think, Fuck this - shoot the fucker and stop this shit right the fuck now.

No one listens to me, of course.  There's fourteen more episodes of this rubbish.

But at least I've seen what the buzz is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment