01 December 2012

Falcon: The Blind Man of Seville (Sky, 2012)

I only really watched this because there's a Kiwi as the lead:  Marton Csokas.  The pleasure increased with the title credits:  Kerry Fox, another Kiwi, Hayley Atwell, who made a nice spunky impression in Captain America:  The First Avenger, and Bernard Hill, who always gives warm grampappy fuzzies.  And it was directed by Dredd helmer Pete Travis, which I loved to bits.

Back to Falcon.

Nothing new as far as the genre is concerned.  The actors' native British accents were a little incongruous at first with the Spanish location, but the casting and the decision to not bother with Spanish accents is another plus in this show's favour.

Did I like it?  It looked nice enough.  There are small pleasures like the city itself, and (I think) Charlie Creed-Miles continually disgruntled sidekick detective.

I suppose I'll try another.  For New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment