22 December 2012

Taken 2 (2012; Oliver Megaton / Luc Besson & Robert Mark Kamen)

The first Taken film was a pleasant surprise:  Mills (Liam Neeson) is a retired spook whose daughter (Maggie Grace) is kidnapped, and he gets her back, no punches pulled.

In this sequel, there's half-an-hour of set-up before the plot kicks in and - spoiler alert if you haven't seen or heard anything about the premise - the tables are turned and its Mills' daughter's turn to rescue her parents.  That's a nice switch, I thought to myself.  It's certainly avoiding the bad luck John McClane has had with his wife in the first few Die Hard films.

I had to stop the film at the 40-minute mark, though:  1). it was past my bedtime, and 2). all the leg, crotch and cleavage shots of Grace were beginning to really grate - and I couldn't get rid of the thought, She's going to spend the rest of the fucking film in those fucking shorty-shorts, isn't she?

An update may follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment