06 June 2011

Detroit 187 (ABC, 2010-2011)

I like Michael Imperioli. He didn't really stand out for me when Joe
Pesci was making him dance in "Goodfellas". I knew he came into his own
in "Sopranos" - hey, I've got the set, just haven't got around to seeing
it, there's so much new stuff, so THERE. He filled in real nicely for
the black cop in "Law & Order".

And now, with this show, it felt like I was watching an eagle amidst a
bunch of turkeys. Imperioli struggling as a Cop With A History, an
enigma amongst his colleagues. Speaking of colleagues, there was the
"L&O"-wannabe lieutenant, the want-to-please-puppy partner, the hunky
detective, the sexy detective zzzzz....

Sad is the word that comes to mind.

Maybe Imperioli can put this show down to character building, just like
the cast of "The Unusuals" can as they romp their way to successful careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment