15 June 2011

The Killing S01E12

From ep three I was saying "The Ebert Law of Economy of Characters requires that someone we've seen by now is The Killer."

But like some damned Agatha Christie mystery, all the characters I liked for the murder was cleared and then I said, "We're running out of characters with which to satisfy the Law of Economy of Characters."

And then there was Adela.  And then the investigation opened up.  And I said, "Okay.  Maybe it was someone totally unrelated, someone we won't have seen yet, and that's okay because that's how it goes in real life, and this has been a damned fine fucking show, so good that if it is some stranger, I will understand because that's HOW IT IS and I shall not whinge because not all good drama is required to hew to the Law of Economy of Characters."

And now...  And now it might be the show is hewing that line.

I hope not.  I'd UNDERSTAND.

But I might whinge, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment